Central Library caters to the needs of the students and staff in different branches of PBR Visvodaya Institute of Technology and Science. Besides holding on excellent print collection of over 40337 of books, it also provides access to over 100 journals in sciences, engineering, technology, humanities and managements.
Highly qualified, efficient library staff to ensure the best possible information services. Standard textbooks and books by well-known authors are stocked, and every effort is made to obtain all titles recommended by the faculty. Multiple copies of popular books are bought to make them available to as many students as possible.
Library Working Hours
Monday – Saturday
- Working Hours – 8.30 a.m. to 06.00 p.m.
- Transactions – 9.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.
- Digital Library – 8.30 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
Rules and Regulations
- Strict and absolute silence shall be observed in the Library.
- Cell Phone to be switched off inside the Library.
- Bags, Big handbags, Raincoat, Jerkin and Casual wears are strictly prohibited inside the library.
- Members are requested to keep their belongings at the entrance of the Library. However they are advised not to leave cell phones, purse, money, credit card and other valuables in the handbag outside the library. These items are liable to be lost.
- Library users are strictly prohibited from taking the borrowed and stamped books again inside the library.
- If the due date falls on a holiday for the Library, the next working day will be taken as the due date.
- Books will be issued to the members only on producing the Membership card.
- If any book is lost or damaged beyond repair, the person responsible shall replace it with a new copy or pay double the cost of the recent price and handling charges or as may be decided by the librarian.
- Membership Cards are not transferable. Books will not be issued to students on the Membership Card of staff members.
- Books will be issued subject to availability only.
- No sub-lending of books is permitted.
- Any kind of marking, underlining, clipping of books is absolutely forbidden. Readers shall be held responsible for any damage done to the book belonging to the Library and shall be required to replace such book or pay the value thereof.
- Absence from the college will not be allowed as an excuse for the delay in the return of books.
- Under special circumstances, the Librarian may refuse the issue of books or recall the books already issued from any member without assigning any reason thereof.
- The following conditions are to be followed for the renewal of books.[i] The book has to be produced in the Library for renewal.[ii] More than one renewal will not be allowed.
- No reminders will be issued to individuals but consolidated list of defaulters will be displayed in the library notice board.
- The borrower will be responsible for any loss or non-return of any books issued against his / her original or duplicate Library Member ID Card.
- Reference books, Newspapers, Magazines, Journals should not be taken out.
- New books received will be on display for a week.
- The Library may accept donation of manuscripts, books, periodicals etc. from the donors. Such donations once accepted will become the absolute property of the college.
- Library timings details of fine structure are displayed on the Library Notice Boards.
- Overnight issue is available for selected reference books for staff.
- The above rules are intended to regulate the use of Library resources and will be reviewed periodically to meet the Changing needs.
- Any changes in the rules or instructions or information to members will be notified on the Library Notice Board as and when required.
|Type of Collection||Volumes|
- Stock Area
- Digital Library
- Book Bank
In 2004, the Library purchased Libsoft Library Software. Almost all the Library processes i.e. acquisition, Catalogue, Serial Control, Circulation, OPAC have been automated. The record of all the books received in the Library from 1998 onwards is on the computer. Apart from the books’ it contains the data of CD-ROMs. Record of master database of all the Periodicals subscribed for the Library is available. Searching is possible to find any journals issue is available or not.
The Digital Library was developed using the Dspace Digital Library system. Dspace is an open source digital repository software. The digital library consists of E-Books, Projects, Question Papers, Syllabus books etc. These individual communities of collections are searchable as well as browsable by Title, Author, and any Keyword.
The library is member of DELNET since 2005.
The PBR VITS Central Library Intranet Website was designed using Drupal. Drupal is an Open Source Content Management software powering millions of websites and applications. Drupal includes features to enable content management systems, blogs, collaborative authoring environments, forums, newsletters, picture galleries, file uploads and download, and much more. It can be visited at http://localhost/wordpress . The contents of the site are mainly based on the user needs and collection, and the services were prioritized based on their approach. Information services are regularly updated.
It also provides NPTEL (National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning) video lecturers.
Library blog is created based on user needs. It has provides a single window to all the e-resources and services of the Library. Visit the library blog at http://www.vitslibrary.wordpress.com.
|Librarian||O.Seshaiah M.A., M.L.I.Sc., M.Phil., PGDY|
|Asst. Librarian||P.V. Prasanna Kumari M.Sc., M.L.I.Sc.|
|Library Asst.||Ch. Vijay Kumar M.L.I.Sc.|
|Library Asst.||K. Kezia Rani B.A. B.Ed.|
|Library Asst.||G. Malakondaiah B.Sc.|
|Attendant||P. Praveen Kumar|
Open Access Journals